Tuesday, June 2, 2009

At Wings of Hope!

What a day! Left Diana and Tom's gorgeous farm and airstrip this morning (thanks for the wonderful visit!!!) and arrived at Wings of Hope headquarters minutes before a huge storm. The day was spent doing work for the race and my job, followed by a reception with some of the lovely ladies of the local 99s chapter and WoH benefactors and volunteers. Loki is in the capable hands of the wonderful mechanics and techs here, who are giving him a final checkup before the race, and I'm pleased to report good compressions on all cylinders!

I brought my coveralls to help out, but these guys are hard to keep up with. A top notch operation, truly impressive. Some pics...

Diana's Citabria showing Loki the way
More from Tom&Diana's farm
Tom & Diana's beautiful home
The mechanics get started right away
Loki, me and the local 99s
Wings of Hope Headquarters

4 comments:

  1. It was great to finally meet you in person. Love Loki, he's got character!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annie!!! He enjoyed his visit and TLC, and it was a pleasure meeting you and so many dedicated folks at WoH. Keep up the amazing work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yooohoo, go ladies! I want more details on the race as it unfolds... can DJ update the blog? In any case, I wish you all the best from Switzerland :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great meeting you at Wings of Hope. You're doing a great job raising money for them. I hope to fly with you sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete